Summit Systems, leaders of the plastics industry, is in search of an ambitious Technical Supervisor.
Under the direction of the Technical Manager, the Technical Supervisor is required to directly engage, oversee, guide and fulfil the day to day needs of the department ensuring the current resource within the team is fully utilised. The candidate must be City & Guilds mechanical & electro-mechanical engineering qualified (or equivalent) and they should have a good PLC, automation & pneumatics understanding. Crucially they require a methodical approach to problem solving and an ability to multitask under pressure.
The Key tasks of the role and department include:
– Sales support on complex systems, products or concepts
– Supplier and customer liaison
– Confirm technical specification
– Prepare detailed scope of supply for quotations
– Mechanical calculations to be added to all quotations
– Produce BOM for your design and build project
– CAD support for all departments
– Write detailed reports to communicate site or supplier issues and potential improvements
– Maintain strong customer relationships, visits to sites for project support with or without sales engineers
– A high level of relevant technical knowledge. Experience within the plastics industry is preferred but not essential
– Self-sufficient, passionate and driven with innovative ideas
– Overarching desire to continually improve, both personally but also the team around you
– Ability to understand and install Technical governance within the department where required to improve and standardise process but also maintain the flexibility required in the market Summit work within
– Strong communication and inter-personnel skills – the ability to communicate technical information (often to people who are not familiar with engineering terms).
– Technical report writing (structured clear communication of problems, solutions and improvements)
– CAD Experience
– Sense of humour and plenty of character!
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, please email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org