Southern Sales Engineer
Responsible to: Sales Director
Responsible for: 0
Working Hours: 38 + additional hours as and when required
Date Posted: October 2023
Summit Process Cooling has been established in the water-cooling industry for over 30 years. Part of the larger Summit Systems Group, with divisions in plastics automation, premium recycling machinery and raw material recycling services, Summit Process Cooling specialises in the supply and/or installation of specialist’s temperature control and process cooling equipment for multiple industries such as plastics, industrial, medical, and food and beverage. Our customers are mainly end user manufacturing facilities but also OEM, FM, and M&E. We mainly supply within the UK but also have some customer over-seas.
We add value to our customers by understanding their requirements technically and commercially, then using our advanced industry knowledge we design and present the most suitable solution. These projects can range from £3k to £1million+ and from supply only to a 6-month installation project.
We are a family type business, seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Sales Engineering team. This is a great opportunity with excellent career progression opportunities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive candidate, who will be able to support the future vision of the company and our growth plans to increase our customer base, as well as providing additional services and products to our existing customers.
Are you technically minded and enjoy designing solutions to solve problems?
The Role: Southern Sales Engineer
We seek individuals to increase our sales revenue and bring their experience to the team. This role is for someone with good knowledge of process cooling and sales and who can hit the ground running. You will be tasked to take Summit generated and your own generated leads from enquiry through to purchase order placements and remain in account management for the life cycle of all new and existing customers.
You will be tasked to create a sales strategy for business growth in the Southern Region for the process cooling market.
We will work as a team to aid your success; we will open our suite of tools with everything you need and provide 1-to-1 management to strengthen your success.
Your role as Southern Sales Engineer will be responsible for selling industrial cooling equipment and engineering services across the Southern England area.
- Lead generation
- Initial Conversation
- Site Survey
- System Design
- System Drawing
- Prepare quotations (ROI, Costs, Design, Contract)
- Present quotation
- Follow up to order
- Account Manage New and Existing Customers
Our ideal Area Sales Engineer
- Hard Working
- Self-learning and developing
- Customer focused, delivering high level of customer service.
- Problem solving
- Target and self-driven
- Confident to present in front of small groups
- Confident telephone manner
- Ability to build long term relationships
- Ability to organise and schedule own workload
- Ability to follow a sales process
- Driver’s license
- Fluent in English
- Office 365
- HubSpot CRM
- MS Navision
- Competitive salary plus commission
- High quality company car for business and personal use
- The opportunity to carve out a long term, advanced career path
- Laptop & mobile phone
- Company Pension contribution of 5% (you pay 4% of your salary)
- 25 days Holidays + bank holidays, with an additional day holiday for each 2 years of completed service, up to a maximum of 5 additional days
- Access to Smart Health app from AIG, with 24/7 online GPs, mental health support and wellbeing services
- Free eye test every 2 years
- Access to a free and confidential independent financial adviser
- Winston’s Wish bereavement support for families and children
- Bereavement Counselling: Access to 24/7 bereavement helpline & face to face counselling
- Income protection cover after 1 year service
- Death in service cover: 2 x salary from day 1 of joining rising to 4 x salary after 5 years’ service
- Extra 2 weeks paid holiday as a thank you when you complete 10 years’ service (as a one-off reward)
Who are Summit Systems?
Summit Systems are award-winning market leaders in providing customer focused solutions, whether it is in material handling, industrial temperature control or recycling.
The Summit Systems Group strives to deliver high quality service every time with our world-class equipment from our renowned global suppliers. We pride ourselves on our customer service, technical expertise, innovation, and longevity.
We are a family business combining fun, agility, and structure, seeking a highly motivated individual to join the sales team.
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a supporting covering note explaining why you think you’re suitable for the role, to email@example.com.