Summit are proud to support Operation Clean Sweep, an international initiative from the plastics industry to reduce plastic pellet loss to the environment. In the UK it is led by the British Plastics Federation.
The initiative’s aim is to ensure that the plastic pellets, flakes and powders that pass through manufacturing facilities in the UK are handled with the care they deserve and do not end up in our rivers or seas.
By signing up to Operation Clean Sweep, Summit have made a commitment to adhere to best practice and implement systems to prevent plastic pellet loss — and we will play our part in protecting the aquatic environment.
Here are a few reasons why you should sign-up to Operation Clean Sweep:
– Forms part of your sustainability/environmental initiatives
– Maximises the use of feedstock
– Prevents slips and falls
– Improves operational efficiency
– Ensures compliance with regulations
– Contributes to improving water quality and wildlife
– Protects the reputation of your company and the plastics industry.