Job Title: Junior Buyer
Salary: £25,000, plus benefits
Division: Summit Systems Group
Responsible to: Purchasing Manager
Responsible for: 0
Working Hours: 08.30am – 5pm - Monday to Thursday as as required
08.30am – 3pm - Friday and as required
Date Posted: February 2024
•Sourcing new suppliers
• Collaborating with department heads and technical team to source new parts
• Maintaining vendor cards
• Maintaining ERP system
• Pricelist management
• Analysis of purchasing data to maintain order levels.
• Upkeep of BOMs for projects
• Updating pricing information for sales team.
• Responding to pricing requests quickly
• Managing tasks and workload efficiently
• Maximising cost savings
• Tracking vendor performance
- Customer Service
- Supply Chain
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics
- General office administration
- Familiar with the Microsoft Office package
- Previous experience with contacting suppliers.
- Sourcing experience
- Cost Reduction
- Delivering excellent customer care
- CIPs qualifications
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension contribution of 5%
- 25 days Holidays + bank holidays, with an additional day holiday for each 2 years of completed
- service, up to a maximum of 5 additional days
- Access to Smart Health app from AIG, with 24/7 online GPs, mental health support and wellbeing services
- Access to a free and confidential independent financial adviser
- Winston’s Wish bereavement support for families and children
- Bereavement Counselling : Access to 24/7 bereavement helpline & face to face counselling.
- Income protection cover after 1 year service
- Death in service cover : 2 x salary from day 1 of joining rising to 4 x salary after 5 years’ service
- Extra 2 weeks paid holiday as a thank you when you complete 10 years’ service (as a one-off reward)
WHY SUMMIT SYSTEMS?
Summit Systems are award-winning market leaders in providing customer focused solutions, whether it is in material handling, industrial temperature control or recycling. Over the last 30 years we have established ourselves firmly within the plastic recycling industry supplying and supporting premium recycling machinery and total waste management solutions.
The Summit Systems Group strives to deliver high quality service every time with our world-class equipment from our renowned global suppliers. We pride ourselves on our customer service, technical expertise, innovation, and longevity.
As a small family type business, we are looking for extremely dedicated team players who strive for improvement and want to contribute to the success of our business.
Individuals who are enthusiastic, energetic, and proactive in finding solutions to problems even beyond what’s in front of them will be well suited to this role and our future vison.
Individuals who say, “I’ve always done it that way” should not apply for this role.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through Linkedin or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, this is a UK based role, so please only apply for this role if travel to Tamworth based office is feasible.